Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A proposition for the self...

I don't want to say that I'm making a promise... but instead I'll say that I am making a... proposition to myself, that every day I must write something, be it an article on a different site, or my own personal rantings on this page. The point is to get myself into the habit of doing something, because well, I'm in the habit of sitting around wasting my time. I already broke my promise to draw something everyday, although I haven't given up on it. I am not reading a book everyday like I wish, but I am trying.

On the bright side, I am starting the 100 pushups workout, because well, I see it more as a challenge, and if I can work up to being able to do 100 consecutive pushups... well... then I figure anything is pretty much accessible to me, and that will have shown me that I can overcome the comforts and pleasures that laziness loves to indulge me with. So far, I am pleased with the workout, and the fact that I can actually do a good 15-20 pushups in a row for now... but when I get to 100 in a row, I'll have taught myself to stick to something, no matter how difficult it may be.

I am at least going to write one sentence every day. Even if it's mundane, boring, not at all interesting, the point is to do it. If I don't, then I'm only letting myself down, and if I let myself down, I slowly become a person I don't like, and I become unreliable not only to myself, but to those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment